Saturday, January 16, 2010

Help with herb garden: What type of bugs are these and recommend an ORGANIC BUG CONTROL?

I have some herbs that I use in food and drink and need to find an organic bug control that works.





I have a few Spearmint Plants that need some help.





The leaves:


1.) are eaten and have holes in them


2.) have a powder coating on the top side of leaf


3.) some leaves have a fuzzy white coating on top side





The bugs: (ones I can see)


1.) small (pin-head sized), white bugs - on under side of leaf


2.) what looks like green inch worms - on under side of leaf





Is anyone familar with this and can you recommend a good, organic bug control... that really works well.





I have heard of using dish detergent and water to spay on them, but I don't have luck with that.





Any suggestions?Help with herb garden: What type of bugs are these and recommend an ORGANIC BUG CONTROL?
Try making an infusion. Boil some hot peppers and garlic in water. Strain it and save the water. Put it in a spray bottle with a couple drops of dish soap and give them a little spray every now and then. Works great on vegie plants too.Help with herb garden: What type of bugs are these and recommend an ORGANIC BUG CONTROL?
it's hard to say what kind of bugs you're talking about without seeing them... are they white and hairy looking? if so, that's scale... I've been reading recently about the benefits lady bugs in your garden. I bought 1500 online for $15.00 and I'm going to release them tonight.
Try a Q-tip that has been soaked in alcohol. Touch it to each insect.


Let me know how it works.
The white ones sounds like white fly...you can use a sop solution and even find one at the garden center... I think Pine Sol works well on them too.





Not sure about the inch-worms I hear the Gypsy moths are coming back...MAJOR YUCK.





I would take a few worms into the gardening center and ask a Pro...
  • make up lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment