Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is there anyway to control bugs at an outdoor sping wedding?

I am having an outdoor wedding in June. Is there anyway to spray for bugs in the yard before hand to control them. I need something other then the lame little tiki torch things. We are getting married in our backyard which is on a lake, at sunset. Any ideas for controling pests?Is there anyway to control bugs at an outdoor sping wedding?
like some of the others have said, citronella candles aren't as bad looking as they used to be...yes, I definitely recommend having your yard sprayed beforehand...and I would leave unscented bug repellant on some of the tables for guests just in case. I have ordered some flowers that are supposed to repel mosquitos (I'm also having a June, backyard reception)





good luck to both of us! lets pray for sun!!Is there anyway to control bugs at an outdoor sping wedding?
You can get bug fogger, which you spray before the guest arrive. It generally last for hours and you can spray a large area...you can probably find it at your local hardware store or Lowe's.





Congrats on getting married!
I read recently that if you keep a dryer sheet in your back pocket, in your case you might want to try you bust area, it keeps the bugs away. Test this theory out first...if it works, tell the wedding party about it.
unscented bug candles, they are inexpensive and add a little extra if you don't buy the horrible ugly one, they make pretty ones now
Wear bug repellent. There's some that are scent free so you won't reek.
Get some citronella candles and spread them out in your yard.
spray with raid everyday for a week before the wedding. the bugs will begin to realize that the area is poisonous to them, and they will move out of the area. good luck and have a splendid time.
you can call a pest control company to come and spray before the wedding. also use candles and provide a few cans of bug spray.
I heard that dryer sheets deter bees. I had an out door wedding and I swore I was going to use them because I hate hate hate bees. I didn't...and as we were taking pictures we had 3 swarming around MY bouquet!! I also heard for ants you can put a few pennies on the table and they wont come around. Its something about the copper. Good luck!
we use seven dust or five dust in our back yard in the summer time. because it's a dust it settles rather quick. Another thing to keep flies away is to fill plastic bags with water, and hang them places where food maybe, doorway's and such. I know hiding them my not be easy, but it works. Check with Lowe's, or home depot they may have some ideas as well. Maybe even your local pest control company may have ideas as well.
I don't know. I was at an outdoor wedding and we were swarmed by mosquitoes and gnats. It was pretty gross. The bride had bugs trapped in her veil. We sprayed bug repellent on us but it didn't work and made me sick. We were in a park so there was nothing we could do.





Since it is your own yard call an exterminator in to spray a day before or two. If they can keep the bugs out of Disneyworld in Florida (which is in the middle of a swamp) then an exterminator should be able to do something for your yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment