Monday, January 18, 2010

Should landlords pay for bed bugs pest control treatmens?

Every State has its own laws, I live in Florida and all of my leases state, '; the premises was vermin and rodent free at the time the Tenant moved in'; which allows me to decline the request to pay for any type of extermination. Read your lease carefully and check with your State laws. Good LuckShould landlords pay for bed bugs pest control treatmens?
A friend told me about an issue like this happening near his University in Ohio. It was an off-campus apartment. From what I understand, the landlord did pay for the cleaning. The residents just had to move all the stuff and stay out of the apts during the cleaningShould landlords pay for bed bugs pest control treatmens?
I don't know of any landlord tenant law that says that they don't have to maintain a healthy environment for the tenant so I would say that they do.
Yes,that's there job it would be different if you own it.Since you are a tenant he has to provide these services to you and if you mention it to him and he does nothing report his a double hockey sticks.
Check with your states rental laws. Some states or counties have made it a law where the landlord or realtor is responsible for pest control of the property.
I think that would depend on if the landlord was providing the beding.
The local rental laws may shed some light. Also check your lease. My lease specifically says that tenants habve to pay for pest removal. Yours may differ.
  • make up lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment