Saturday, January 16, 2010

Insect control bug elimination?

Moving into a new home, I come from an area that used electricity, and this new area seems to be all natural gas.





2 days prior to moving I was going to close all the windows and dispense numerous foggers throughout the house (large home). I had to travel back so I was going to leave it sealed up for 24-36 hours, then come back with blowers and fans to air the place out. While it aired out I want to disperse Ortho Max granules around the house outside. And finally, manually spray the corners and floorboards of every room (and basement) inside with Ortho Home defense.





Perhaps its overkill, but Ive done this at the beginning of every summer for over 10 years and the bugs stay in check all summer, and our kids dont have 12 fingers. My question is with the gas and fogging ... I know and understand the dangers, so is there something else I can do similar to fogging, but natural gas safe? Or something I missed to make it seem less terrifying?





Im not used to gas, I didnt grow up with it, I didnt even know how to start the pilot light on the water heater, I was just never taught and had no reason to learn .. but now I do.Insect control bug elimination?
The labels on all the profession grade foggers state to keep the fogger at least 6 feet away from any pilot lights...the label on ';public use'; products seem to be more strict so just do what ever the label suggests, to be extra safe turn off the pilot lights and relight them when you return. Note the insecticide part of the fogger is useless shortly after being exposed to air, they are just a contact kill, good as a clean out but if any new insects show up an hour after release they won't be effected. Using the Do It Yourself type product from the hardware stores seem to use Bifenthrin as the active ingredient, which many professional companies use as their main product, though at half the strength as what the pros use. Using this at the entry point where insects get inside along with your exterior work should help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment