Saturday, January 16, 2010

Looking for organic/natural way to control bugs in my condo- help!?

I have heard there are ways to make your own insect repellant/pesticide... i cant seem to find many links. Can anyone post some good links for me to make my own insect repellant? I have heard that using Vanilla is good for spiders, but im looking for a generic recipe that keeps all bugs out... i dont want to spray harmful chemicals inside my living space. Thanks!! :)Looking for organic/natural way to control bugs in my condo- help!?
White wine vinager mixed with water (4 H2O:1vin)


If it is for plants, there are homemade tobacco sprays you can make (see link). They totally work!Looking for organic/natural way to control bugs in my condo- help!?
1. RED PEPPER SPRAY WITH WATER AND RED PEPPER,,VINEGAR AND WATER MIXED IN SPRAY BOTTLE,,
You may be able to find what you are looking for at Silky Scents. They have a free recipe section that is easy to follow
www.bugrepel.com or type in natural home insect repellents and lots of info will pop up for you. Might check into kitchen spices and herbal remedies. I use them and they really do work. Books available at bookstores and libraries in your area.





I use fresh lavender %26amp; eucalyptus to keep out arachnids (spiders).
Diatomacious earth is a great all-purpose crawling bug killer. They are the shells of little water creatures. The shells are crushed into little shards, and the pointy bits get trapped in the crawling insect's exoskeleton and hurt their insides. The shards are so small they won't hurt us. Get the kind sold in nurseries. It also kills slugs outside. I've used it a lot to control fleas in my house. It takes a couple of days to work. I sprinkle it on the rug and grind it in with my feet. I use it around baseboards too.

No comments:

Post a Comment