Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How do I get rid of bed bugs ? Without pest control ?

Alright, this is a biggie.





A few months ago my 32 year old sister came from Las Vegas to she can live her life in SB with her four kids.





And they're filthy.





They brought cockroaches from their old house...and then they brought lice, which my sister got. They live in a transition house right now. They had a big bed bug problem because people in the room before they moved into there had the bed bugs. So then they brought bed bugs to my mom's house.





And my Mom and sister have been dealing with those disgusting bugs for the past two months. It got bad enough for my Mom that she has a bad time sleeping, and she had to throw out her bed. Now she sleeps on a air mattress and still gets the bugs. She washes her sheets and everything, STILL BUGS.





Is there anyway that I can get rid of those disgusting bugs without pest control ?








Please. I hate those bugs, even though I do not have them in my room. Plus, I want my Mom getting a good sleep too. And my sister.





Thank you.How do I get rid of bed bugs ? Without pest control ?
This website from the University of California, Davis, has some ideas on how to control them. They do suggest a professional if it gets out of hand. If you do go for a professional, do not hesitate to see if they are licensed and to see how aware they are of ';integrated pest management'; which is a rather generic term for using pesticides only as a last resort and using management methods instead.





For Bed Bug Control


http://ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7鈥?/a>





How to choose a pest control company from the Univ of Cal (sometimes ya gotta).


http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES鈥?/a>





Note that these are meant for Californians, but will work other places as well. Good luck!How do I get rid of bed bugs ? Without pest control ?
Rat poison works wonders.
Clean every spec of duts, wash curtains, then use Borax (also known as Boratic Acid) powder. Cover the bed and carpet in it and let it sit at least 24 hours. Then vacume very well.





This is not a garentee, bed bugs get into the matress and it is nearly imposible to get them out. You may have not choice but to through out those matresses. Your mom may want to wear some DEET to bed until the problem is resolved.
Listen, from the lack of sleep and the ensuing lack of productivity, you're losing money in the long run. Get pest control and aggressively combat the buggers.
There is a spray you can buy at most any drug store that you can spray your mattress with. This is also availible in a fogger, I would recomend trying both.
rat poison.
Steam clean your bed throughly.


Steam your matress...both top and bottom...sides and all.


Spray lysol on it afterward....let air outside.


WASH everything that has touched the bed/beds in question.





Better do the couches too.
There are ';natural'; ways to get rid of beg bugs without any harsh chemicals. Suggest you ';google';bed bug and read all info. Many types of bugs and mites can be causing the problem. Good Luck!
  • make up lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment