Monday, January 18, 2010

How can I kill and control the infestation of box elder bugs?

The bug come from the elder trees. They are black with a red stripe down the back. They seem to be attracted to wood and heat.How can I kill and control the infestation of box elder bugs?
spray with liquid seven or malathonHow can I kill and control the infestation of box elder bugs?
I just killed 8 box elder trees, which is the first step in bug removal. Simply bore holes w/ a 1-2'; wide spade bore bit into near the tree's base (two holes per tree) 8-12'; down, fill holes w/ Roundup CONCENTRATE, not the regular stuff. Wait a few months and pull the trees out, easy as that.

Report Abuse



The most effective (and safe) thing I've discovered is Windex. Yup, reular Windex. It kills them almost on contact and leaves no toxins or residue. Once it dries, it won't keep killing, but at least you'll get a sense of satisfaction when you go out there and blast 'em.

Report Abuse



Yeah, a friend of mine has a camp with a wood stove in Wisconsin and those things are EVERYWHERE. They hide when it is cold and come out when the place starts to warm up.





I'm sorry. I have no idea. I am just sympathizing.





We just kill as many as we can. I would imagine you would need to tear apart the walls and fumigate the little bastards. Maybe spread some kind of repellent around the perimeter to keep them from coming in.





Good luck.
you can't get spray anymore to kill box elder bugs because of the EPA...but...I live in Utah where they are plentiful...I have found out over the years that if you spray with liquid soap ...0ne pint soap and three gallons of water ....it softens their outer which has a hard finish to which repells poison...and bingo you'll find them dead.....if you find a way to control them let me know...
this sounds crazy, but it works, get a spray bottle, and fill it with water and a little bit of DAWN dish soap, spray around the foundation and doors and windows of you house, don't know what it is, but it kills most of them, and keeps the rest away,

No comments:

Post a Comment